The Microbial Eukaryote Evolution and Ecology group was established in 2019 and focuses on 1. evolutionary history of marine microalgae (which account for half of carbon fixation worldwide), 2. genome regulation and evolution of giant viruses infecting diverse eukaryotes, and 3. dissecting microbial interactions using single-cell omics approaches. Successful applicants will be enrolled in graduate programs at top Taiwanese universities the lab is affiliated to and complete required courses taught in English. More details can be found on the lab website.
1. a degree (received in 2020 or earlier) in biology, natural sciences, informatics or any related field
2. English proficiency for reading, writing, and oral communication
3. motivation to work in a research environment
4. ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Any of these would be a plus:
– programming skills
– knowledge in microbiology, molecular biology or cell biology
– research experience in related fields
The working language in our lab and institute is English. Knowledge in Mandarin and other Taiwanese languages is not required, but students are encouraged to take free Mandarin classes on campus if they want.
To apply, please send an email by February (the earlier the better) with the subject IPMB_application_PhDorMaster_YourName directly to Chuan Ku, briefly describing your research interests, experience, skills, future plan, your Skype username, and contact details of at least one referee. A single PDF should be attached that includes your CV, transcripts, and, if available, degree certificates, thesis title and abstract, and proofs of relevant skills and experience.
Inquiries about other types of positions are also welcome.
Dr. Chuan Ku (assistant professor)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org