To foster involvement and reward achievements of our members, we provide several awards.
The Society’s Awards Committee is annually responsible for the:
- Hutner Achievement Award, to a Society member within 15 years of their PhD who has made outstanding contributions in some area(s) of protistology.
- Holz-Conner Travel Award, to help students and young investigators attend the annual Society meeting.
- Jahn-Bovee Presentation Award, to the student(s) who make the best presentation(s) at the annual Society meeting.
- Trager Award for Outstanding Paper of the Year, is decided by the Editorial Board of The Journal of Eukaryotic Microbiology.
- Corliss Systematics Award, is presented to a member of the Society for an outstanding paper in ciliate systematics.
Photo by David J. Patterson