Student support, seed money, and more. Got a tip for a program that funds protist research? Contact the Vice President.
Society funding: The Holz-Conner Travel Fund provides funding for travel to Society meetings. Visit the Awards page to learn more.
Grants-in-Aid provide support for other protistology societies that have taken the formal steps to become an ISOP Section. A list of eligible sections is posted on the ISOP website. Address questions about affiliated society status to the Vice President. These awards are intended to stimulate novel programs of the sections, including uniquely-themed meetings or special opportunities. Applications for support of regular periodic meetings will generally not be successful.
For 2022: Executive Committee of the ISOP will consider requests to support small local in-person or hybrid meetings to be held during 2022 from organizers that are ISOP members. Due to exceptional circumstances related to the pandemic, the grants-in-aid program for affiliated sections will be subsumed into this initiative for 2022. A maximum of US $80,000 will be committed in total and a maximum of US $8,000 will be committed per meeting (max. US $6,000 for travel of students and postdocs who are ISOP members in the time of the meeting – up to US $500 per person; max. US $2000 for other expenses). Proposals do not need to come from formal ISOP sections/affiliates, but the meetings will be considered ISOP-sponsored events. Organizers will submit a brief report of how funds were spent after the meeting.
The maximum award is 8,000 USD per application, the total budget for this year is 80,000 USD
- Deadline: Applications are open and will be open until the funds are used or the end of 2022
- Please submit your application form to ISOP Vice President.
In 2018 ISOP committed USD 10,000 to fund the activities of the following affiliated societies:
- USD 5,000 to support the XXII meeting (ISEP18) of the International Society for Evolutionary Protistology jointly organized with Protistology-UK.
- USD 2,000 to support the 48th Jírovec’s Protozoological Days organized by Protozoological section of the Czech Society for Parasitology.
- USD 1,000 to support the 9th International Symposium on Testate Amoebae (ISTA 9) organized by the International Society for Testate Amoeba Research.
- USD 1,000 to support the International Symposium on Ciliate Biology (ISCB 2018) organized by the International Research Coordination Network on Biodiversity of Ciliates.
- USD 1,000 to support the 37th Annual Meeting of the German Protozoological Society.
Photo by David J. Patterson