The International Society of Protistologists and The Journal of Eukaryotic Microbiology conferred the 2014 William Trager Award on: H. J. Jeong, S. Y. Lee, N. S. Kang, Y. D. Yoo, A. S. Lim, M. J. Lee, H. S. Kim, W. Yih, H. Yamashita & T. C. LaJeunesse for publishing the highest impact article entitled: “Genetics and morphology characterize the dinoflagellate Symbodinium voratum, n. sp. (Dinophyceae) as the sole representative of Symbodinium Clade E” (vol. 61, Issue 1, pp. 75-94). The study by Jeong et al. reports the study of strains of Symbodinium sp. clade E from different costal regions in the Pacific Ocean and the Mediterranean Sea. Using genetic and morphological data the authors provided evidence that Symbodinium voratum is the sole representative of Symbodinium Clade E. Interestingly, they also characterized the first complete thecal plate organization of the mastigote life stage and provided information on chromosome number of this dinoflagellate.
July 26 – July 30
September 12, 2022 – September 17, 2022
- “Tree of life” symposium in memory of Tom Cavalier-Smith
- Save the Date: ECOP-ISOP joint meeting 2023, July 9-14, Vienna, Austria
- ICOP 2022 – 19-24 June 2022 – Sungkyunkwan University, Seoul, Korea
- ISEP – PROTIST “Protist Regular Online Talk Informal Series Two”
- ISOP / ISEP Virtual Symposium to Honor Thomas Cavalier-Smith – 23 July 2021